"Go into yourself. Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its root into the very depths of your heart; confess to yourself whether you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." Rainier Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Far and about

Many a times those who happen to read my blog tell me that i write of pain,misery,loneliness blah blah blah and they sort of complain that i rarely write about the good stuff. So today when i am feeling sunshin'y i thought il try and pen up something.

Like everybody else my words flow potentially powerfully and with a writer's rage only when i am troubled. It's very much like churning of a storm or a twister that really does bring the clutter together. All the awesome bloggers that i see here are somehow or the other so messed up inside,in a way many times i have found myself poetically musing about turning into one of them :)

But only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches so what seems so good and perfect to us must be so difficult for someone. What is a fashion or a culture to us,is actually a means for someone to connect to something(even if it is a virtual world) and hence survive. Personally today i wish all of them peace.

So coming onto the title 'Far and about'. I have no idea why i chose to write it,but it was spontaneous. My life's same,problems are same,afflictions are same so what changes ! Attitude. The one stop answer for everything. Detaching myself from my problems,and standing and seeing them from afar they dont really seem that monumental,they dont seem deathly scary either. They look more like bumps,minor pitfalls,manageable. For now.

It's easy to deal with anything,if we just keep our eyes fixated on the light at the end of the tunnel. Not a perfect way to go about but that atleast conditions our minds to the fact that there is an end to whatever it is that is tormenting us.

Swimming,driving back home with nice romantic numbers on FM,coming home,hugging my mom,and having hot scrambled eggs for breakfast did make my morning. I dont care who wants to make me feel as what. I refuse to feel small/dwarfed/poorly destined by anyone else. My destiny lies in the hands of a great God and my eyes firmly adhered to the light at the end of this tunnel.


2 comments:

The Unknowngnome said...

Like the picture quote at the top of the right-hand column: "Life is about using the whole box of crayons", you write as such.

Your pains, misery, loneliness and just plain rants, blah, blah, blah (black sheep have you any wool) only add to the picture you paint with the words that you pull from far and about.

As a syllable builder I know there are days when "words flow potentially powerfully" and others when I'd rather just distract myself with anything but writing. That "flow" and that "other" are my attitude and it is constantly in flux. You embody that for me in all your churnings, sunshine and storms.

Peace dear Dr. :)

Dr Mandeep Khanuja said...

thank u sir :)
il try to be even better the next time and then again every time i write...
Words are important for me. and i cherish,hold and consider my words sacred in the same amount an artist does to his art or a creationist to any of his creation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...