"Go into yourself. Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its root into the very depths of your heart; confess to yourself whether you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." Rainier Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Divine Providence

Have you ever experienced it ? 

None of us like anyone meddling in our life. Even i didnt. Untill i learnt that divine providence isnt meddling, it is the only way i could be taught some sense. And i learnt it the hard way. Today for the very first time in my life when i prayed today i had nothing to ask for !!! A beggar like me !!!! When i fall short of stuff to ask,it really does mean something,but today i had only thanks to give.


We know the kind of people who pray only in a rush of corticosteroids.....(kind of chemical released by our body when in stress) Many of us do belong to the category ourselves.Fear,fight and flight are the only three times we ever join our hands and become beggars now and then,and that too ungrateful ones. The truth is there is a bigger picture.

Years back i prayed for somethings to happen,and i prayed ardently. I prayed with all that i have. Denied i turned bitter and disappointed. At times believing myself to be utterly stupid to believe in Special Providence. It took a lot of time for me to hope again. To hope for something good to happen in my misery sodden life. All my previous posts bear the testimonies to the Hope that i had in Him and trust in His faithfulness.

And this post stand as a proof to it. The only reason i write of His providence is to remind me later some time in my life that He is perfectly able to clean any shit that i had knowingly/unknowingly caused in my life. And if any of you get some of that hope seeped into your senses then that too would be His grace.

When i look at the larger picture today i see why he denied me certain things and why i needed time for correction. And i am also grateful for the pains taken..the lessons emblazoned into me...and the virtue of obedience hence taught. He had discarded everything that i thought would be of utmost importance to me and handed me something far more precious and divine.

Things of this world does not matter. He did provide me all that too though but above all He taught me to trust Him,come what may and to bow down to His command without even an iota of doubt. He promised me a future filled with hope and He stands by His word till this day.

The light at the end of the tunnel that i always used to talk about in my posts...is in sight now :).....by His grace. God's guidance is like a torchlight in a dark tunnel,it might not show you everything but it does show you just enough to take the next step.

6 comments:

renu_milestogo said...

Mandy, tera har ek post dil ki sachhai bayan karti hai..aur yehi baat mujhe achhi lagti hai.Zindagi me kabhi kabhi aise lamhe aate hain jab hum andar se tript hote hain..kuchh bhi paane ki yaa maangne ki kamna nahi rehti aur ye wohi phase hota hai jab hum ishwar ke sabse kareeb hote hain.Ishwar saare asmanjas, dwand,pareshaniyon ke upar se parda hata chuka hota hai aur hum jaan chuke hote hain ki jo hota hai achhe ke liye hota hai.
Tera yunhi ishwar pe astha bana rahe aur wo teri zindagi apne noor se roshan kar de...God bless..:))

The Unknowngnome said...

Amen.

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. - Psalm 119:105

For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life, - Proverbs 6:23

Give this a listen, 3:13 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ycs23FQDRI

Walk on! :)

Dr Mandeep Khanuja said...

the blessing of being close at heart to my creator is the best blessing of all for me ! so thanks renu di and TUG :))

Grace said...

Super like !!!!!

Jack said...

Mandeep,

Visiting after a gap and had to read 11 pending posts. I did not comment on each, so here is for each one. Life is like a flowing river which meets a lot of bends and Ghats on the way to final destinations. That is what friends or ever some relationships are. Many of us do drift apart with passage of time keeping fond memories. You are worth a lot more than you can ever imagine. Have faith in yourself and God. Love yourself before you love others. Each has right to live life as he or she wishes to and so does Aishwarya. Who are we to point fingers? I agree with you that we need to learn to balance in life. Keep good and positive thoughts while letting go of sad and negative ones. One should not be selfish but while helping others one needs to keep own interests in mind, that does not mean that one should be calculative as to what is in it for himself or herself but that it does not bounce or reflect poorly on self. Here is a Hug for justifying giving hugs. Unless we are at peace with ourselves how do we expect to be at peace with others? Letting go is one of the important qualities but that should not make one use others for advantage and discard once utility is over. Keep in mind,always, what you said in concluding lines of Far and About. We do get disturbed by what others say or do at times. It is advisable to keep sanity than to retaliate. I am sure God will keep promise. Being thankful to God is what we all should learn. God knows what is best for us and at times we feel that we have been denied what we deserve but do not realize that God has better plans for us.

Take care

PS : I hope it has not exceeded length of post itself.

Dr Mandeep Khanuja said...

first of all jack thank u so much for taking time and reading my posts !!!! when u mentioned that u had to read all 11 pending posts of mine !!! my goodness that made me happiest :D
yes u kind of did give me a gist of all that was going in my mind,i just write about whats going in my mind at the moment. It might not be a 'wholesome' thought but its something that did made me think and write about it,so in its incompleteness too i think its definitely important. thats how i feel, sometimes down sometimes high :) but i never lose hope in the love of my Lord...not even for a second.
and last but not the least certainly i dont mind at all if ur comments are longer than my posts !!! afterall whats a writing if it cant strike a thought in someone else's mind !!!! so its my pleasure to be learning fine points from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...