"Go into yourself. Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its root into the very depths of your heart; confess to yourself whether you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." Rainier Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Beginnings

I have been yearning for a lot of things lately. A lot of normal simple things. Yearning to have a peaceful sleep without being anxious or apprehensive. Yearning to sit on my porch and finish that half-read salman rushdie. Yearning to have a sumptuous meal or a mug of late night coffee without having to worry about fitting into the expensive dresses on my D-day. Damn i am scared shitless about that :)

New feelings. The first ones for me. Have been living my life in a pair of jeans,running between workouts,market shopping sprees and my clinic. Sadly i am not concentrating well in any of these places because my mind always seem to seep and pour out to many different compartments these days.

Its not just dressing up and looking pretty that day its the day of new beginnings,its the first day of the rest of my life. And its a life that is not of my choosing. Hence the anxious me. Strangely some people might not understand how i feel now,exactly seven days before my marriage. What i feel is not sad neither happy. Not extremely overjoyed nor troubled. I just feel.....and find myself praying that i be helped and eased into the new "roles" that i am being dressed up into.


I am happy. Happy for the new life that i have been granted and i pray for to stay blessed the same way.

4 comments:

the.orchestra.of.life said...

Oh woww ... congratulations !! Best wishes for the new phase of life :)

Jack said...

Mandeep,

My heartiest congratulations. Mind you marriage is not just coming together of two persons but two families also. I know you are a wise girl and will make everyone proud. If you do wish, you may read a post written by me in 3 parts in Oct - Nov 2009 Happy Married Life giving expectations and responsibilities of each involved person.

Take care

palak said...

congrats..:) :) have a loveable journey wd loads of lv ol round :)

Grace said...

May your prayers come true !!!! God Bless!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...