"Go into yourself. Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its root into the very depths of your heart; confess to yourself whether you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." Rainier Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Monday, May 28, 2012

Whats my worth !


I am not exceedingly beautiful. A long line of suitors is not what u would actually find at my door. I am just ok looking. Nice features may be yeeah but with a little more than a fair share of lipocytes. So not exactly a head-turner.

I am not the most brainy of the lot too. I am a dentist,good at my work(as far as i know) but i suck at marketing so not exactly with a roaring practise either. But i aspire to have one day.

I can write,if i am troubled enough to. At the rest of the things i am pretty mediocre.

What i am good at is listening to people,empathising with them,may be advicing them too,occasionally. So i am a self proclaimed Agony Aunt. The problem is this agony aunt doesnt have anywhere to go when she is agonised. I have nowhere to turn to when i need some buck-up talk and so i turn to my blog. I write,i feel i have said what i needed to,and get back to my day with a sigh.

No complaints for anyone ensued in this post. I am just learning to live as life requires me to live. Heard somewhere that only the bravest people wear a smile in battlefield,so i dont cut back on my laughter no matter how heavy my heart. 

4 comments:

shooting star said...

an honest self opinion....??? or just introspection??????????


http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in

Dr Mandeep Khanuja said...

@Shooting star...More like an attempt to reaffirm myself that i could still hold it all alone.
As mentioned when i dont have friends to talk to,i just write. Helps to know me better.

the.orchestra.of.life said...

yeah .... keep up that spirit and trust me .. the only person that can help an individual is that individual himself! just saying from experience :)

palak said...

a true,genuine,authentic post dat i loved da most :) keep working like ds! miss u really!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...