"Go into yourself. Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its root into the very depths of your heart; confess to yourself whether you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." Rainier Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Give me back my hug (*)


There is gotta be something magical about it....the hug !!

I dont seem to forget any of them. In my eyes it is a 'sanjeevani booti', the one stop cure for all the ailments. My mama used to hug me with his hand and a kiss on the top of my head,very much similar to how my brother hugs me now. I miss his presence constantly. My mum's hug says 'i have forgiven you' and it lifts me off from whatever miry clay i am stuck into.

I read somewhere an average person needs 7 hugs daily for his well-being,12 for growth and 4 for survival. I guess i survived badly for past all these years. But all that's gone. Second chances,we all wish for them often. I am happy to have one. When i am beaten down i remember all the wonderful hugs,by mum,mama,my bhai,my friends,and through everything dark and dungy, it gives me will to stand up on my two feet.

We never forget how someone made us feel. Remember what a snowman and a snow-woman in love did ! They hugged each other and melted in their embrace. :) If only we could give and take and share more hugs ! I close my eyes and live up the hug of the ones that aren't with me anymore. That's the only remembrance i have been left and it would live with me for as long as my heart goes on.

Miss you.

5 comments:

Blogwati Gee said...

One hug coming right up :)

Grace said...

A hug says so much.... very often more than words can say :) but its in the physical plane:(
Catching up with u after very long
memories r always so close and so difficult to keep out... they run all over us, bathe us instantly, engulf us , and overwhelm us.... we shake our selves out of their embrace n gush like a bird in the rain!
still catching up with u ..
this an interim comment
much love:)

Dr Mandeep Khanuja said...

Thanks di,ya missing u these days. Your comments do give me a new realm to think of. They are always insightful and extend whatever i am attempting to say :)
thanks a lot !

Grace said...

We'll always be close in our hearts !!!!

Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...