"Go into yourself. Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its root into the very depths of your heart; confess to yourself whether you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." Rainier Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Persevere

I normally do not write until i really want to or have to,but inspite of just having a single thought i have this urge to write it down lest i forget the way i feel now and here. Past few months have taken a huge toll on the part of me that exudes optimism. I have always since i can remember have been sorts of pollyanna myself. But tough times wear and tear you down beyond your worst nightmares.

But the thought that has stuck to my mind lately is "it just takes a single moment,for life to become wonderful". Reminds me profoundly of Jimmy Eat World number "It just takes some time" and yes even the idea is similar. I have been oscillating between breezes of positivity and pits of pessimism for so long that the state doesn't compel me to write anymore. I find my writing much easy flowing when i am distressed. But then i thought 'well yeea why not write something good..for a change'. I don't have much to write. I have just this one thought in my mind right now,much like a light at the end of a long,dark,perilous tunnel. Well more like a flicker of light,that i am not yet sure of,so it doesnt call on for a celebratory dance but makes your heart glow with a faint warmth and the feel of making out of it...finally.

I never write beyond the point where i feel i have done saying what i needed to. I do not like to read posts that keep on dragging and dragging even when there isnt anything left to said. So i would just stop here for you to contemplate it yourself. If you had taken out time to read this post i would like to personally tell it you that it really just takes only a single moment for ALL of your life to turn around. Be a fighter and choose to live even through the troughs of life with dignity and integrity. Someday you will be happy that you did.


2 comments:

Grace said...

I agree with you totally ...love your frame of mind now ! GREAT
You hit the nail perfectly.... life really is in the moments....and its all really our state of mind at all points of time..
What i find painful is that there always is a little pain that can just grow, given the faintest chance .... one has to constantly keep finding the smiles , cherish and nurture them.
i think it always boils down to counting our blessings and remembering " this too shall pass" and keeping the faith
You are very good!!

Dr Mandeep Khanuja said...

Thanks for thinking about it,and sharing with me di

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...