"Go into yourself. Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its root into the very depths of your heart; confess to yourself whether you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." Rainier Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Monday, April 9, 2012

Ever judged someone's worth ?

It might look similar to us,but every person is different

What do you see yourself as ? Do u see yourself as the one who is just carelessly flung into the bloody and gory life,tossed and kickassed by the unfair world,or do you see yourselves as the person who is responsible for anything and everything that's happening with and around you !

I consider myself as the latter one. Though that might sound like i am the maker of my own destiny and the pilot of my own life,it is not so much comfortable when you had repeatedly screwed up your life,just like me ! Believe me, just because you were given a chance to choose your path and you ended up taking the wrong one is hardly a consolation for the grievous heart. But yes i do not have anyone to blame for where i am,atleast. I know a friend of mine,who falls into the first category. He thinks life's been unfair to him and that he was not given ample amount of opportunities. At first i used to listen to him and empathise. Not so much lately ! What could be the reason ?

Firstly the case could be that we hate people making excuses repeatedly. When they go on and on and on about how they couldn't do this or get that because of something that might have happened in their past ! My God,i have to admit that bugs me a little at times. But do you know the cardinal truth, i am no-one to judge him. I may find listening to his never ending excuses irritable but as a friend it is my responsibility to boost him up and get him going on the road to finding himself and his destiny. Afterall that's what friends and family are for ! I am reading this book 'The Great Gatsby' and the opening lines of the book were 'When you feel like criticizing  another person,never forget that not all the people had same advantages as you'

Who am i to judge someone as victor and another one as victim ! I have not been in their place,have not gone through their days. I mean i was given an opportunity,may be the other person did not have even that to prove his mettle. I pray that God save me from this act of judging any other person,because it's really His job,not mine. :)

2 comments:

Grace said...

Very correct! and Well written

dhruv solanki said...

nice post:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...