"Go into yourself. Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its root into the very depths of your heart; confess to yourself whether you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." Rainier Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Monday, March 12, 2012

I Watch Over You




God has an amazing sense of humor and oodles of style. He talks in surprising languages and by even more surprising mediums. I might have lost my job today but what i feel in me is not the sense of loss,or the fear of being unemployed but a tickling sensation deep inside me....which i know begins when i know He must be at the brink of performing one of His unusual tricks.

We all have been on His roller coaster ride at one or the other point in our lives. There definitely is that lurch that sends your stomach nauseating but the sooner we learn about His not letting us fall and hurt ourselves,it is better. I have tried talking out my problems with Him,but He isn't replying clearly nowadays. May be He wants me to have a blind faith on Him,or whatever but i would definitely like my questions answered once in a while. Some time back i read a story about a son dangling on a tree branch,shouting out for his dad to help. He thought his dad would come,climb up the tree,figure out a plan and save him from falling. His dad did come but instead he just stood right below him,and shouted "jump".

"What ! my dad must have gone mad" thought the boy. And so he didn't. His dad kept on shouting back "Jump son,i have got you". Still the boy didn't. Eventually the branch broke off,the boy said his last prayers,fell down,waiting for the pain to hit,but the very next moment found himself safely in his dad's arms. That day he learnt never to doubt his father the next time he finds himself dangling and fearing for his life.Why do we let our minds and hearts be troubled when someone's got our back. May be we are so concentrated on our problems so many times,that we forget to hear the solution that He has planned out for us. Nevertheless i have always found myself going from a good to a better place,if i trust Him to lead the way.

"Ask and you shall receive,search and you shall find.Knock and the door shall be opened unto you". -Matthew 7:7
That is an amazing promise. Read it carefully and one would discover that it is upto us to receive and to find. All we have to do is to ask and to seek. 

2 comments:

the.orchestra.of.life said...

Sad to hear about your job. But I am a firm believer in what happens, happens for the best.

That phrase by Matthew reminded me of "the way to knock that door" proposed by Rumi. He said ...

A man went to HIS door and knocked. A voice asked, Who is it? The man replied, it is me ! The door did not opened.
After dragging himself here and there for a year he went again to the door and knocked. Again a voice asked, Who is it? This time, the man replied, it is thee !
The door opened :)

Dr Mandeep Khanuja said...

thanks...yup i guess He's just destroying every bit of 'me' in me. Just that process is a little painful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...