"Go into yourself. Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its root into the very depths of your heart; confess to yourself whether you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." Rainier Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Monday, February 6, 2012

Meet na mila re man ka..


Driving to work with this song on FM>could anything put the turmoil into words in a better way than this kishore kumar number ! R..e....ally doubt it!

That prodded me to think how many of us has someone in their lives with whom they can 'connect' just like that #snap# Ok! We all have family,friends,life partners even, but what about a soulmate ! Or is that word a myth !

That's what this song is all about.Beautifully woven. It's not overtly melancholic,not sung as some sad,anguished lover's plea but rather it just states that he didn't find the one that his heart wishes for or even longs for ! I wonder haven't we all been there ! All of us have felt those pangs for the want of someone who would understand us as far as the words could go...and then even a step further.

It's said that through eyes we could see the beauty of soul. But where then lies those bifocals that are custom made to see the beauty of mine ! I for one,am articulatively challenged,many a times i find myself saying one thing,all the while meaning to say something totally different. I fear that way the only person that could get to know and love me would be my shrink ! :P

By this time drumming my fingers on the steering wheel and nodding my head along with the song,murmuring 'You totally get me baby' , i was soaked completely in the beauty of this simple song,so apt for me in that moment,but behold the croons of a hopeful heart when it sings: "Roz mae apne hi pyaar ko samjhau......wo nahi ayega..maan nahi pau" and that's the point when i mentally kick all mushy bollywood flicks and extravagantly romantic songs for making my heart flutter when it just wants to stop doing that.

I wish,hope and pray for me as well as for the innumerable people i watch daily around me. I look into their eyes and i see someone trapped there inside,just waiting to be freed. I wish i could have done that in any way for them,but i can't even if i want to. For it's not me that holds the key to the entrapments of their heart.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...