"Go into yourself. Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its root into the very depths of your heart; confess to yourself whether you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." Rainier Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Thursday, January 12, 2012

We Walk By Faith,Not sight




A few days back there was a comment on my blog,roughly it said

"The answers that could put to rest all our inner turmoils lies in the realms of spirituality".

I had known that all along but wasn't somehow aware of it ! It was like something hidden in plain sight ! That was followed by a couple of days of self-analysis and introspection (Good for me,by the way) but what surprised me the most is that it comes from someone of my own age ! (Thanks vikas)

I am not the one who could go to church or temple or gurudwara daily,that's not my cup of tea,then again i cannot just murmur tiny bits of prayers after bath or before breakfast without paying attention to them and more so without actually feeling them. That is something that i just cannot do,i cannot say something if i don't mean it..! That's hard task for me. I did try a million times though to say the "Lord's prayer" daily and in that pursuit i even wrote it down and taped it to my desk drawer. But i confess i haven't been good at fulfilling that commitment...yet. I did put up a wallpaper of the prayer on my cell phone that usually reminds me now of His showers of blessings and the Lord's faithfulness.

It is not my intention to project 'Holier than thou' attitude but i think each of us should at least make an effort to find some time for Him as a Father and a Friend,and not just when we are in distress. In the times when i have managed to do that i did find my days brighter and my burden lighter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...