"Go into yourself. Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its root into the very depths of your heart; confess to yourself whether you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." Rainier Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Sunday, January 15, 2012

It must be Scary being a Ghost


There was a time when i was a solitude lover. I had loved my 'me' time.
As long as i remember i had always enjoyed being by myself. I used to skip parties or family functions in my school days and sit by myself and daydream. Everybody thought i might be shy,no i wasn't. I could socialize when i wanted to,or when i felt like. But talking continuously to people who couldn't inspire me bores me. Well school days were the days of no-internet,but that dint stop me from sitting somewhere alone and and doing whatever i wanted to! My thoughts were all over the place,studies,future,friends,career,or i would be watching a movie,or listening to songs on tape-recorder,but i never complained being alone until about a few years earlier.

When happy we need family and friends to share,or the happy moments kinda lose their flavor! When upset we want to talk to our best buddy and suddenly the world doesn't remain all that gloomy. We expect a counted few to be with us,to share our lives with us,to comfort us when things don't go our way,and to laugh with us until our eyes tear up.

It's a scary feeling..being lonely.Sitting up at your workplace all day long.Swarms of people around you going about their jobs,unaware of your turbulent heart,and you think can't even one of them see me! Doesn't it make a difference to anybody that i am here...now,at this moment! How long we ourselves end up being like that! Seeing people in and out of jobs,and never knowing them! The office staff.gatekeepers,cleaning ladies how many times do we infact make an attempt at knowing what's on in their lives! Or do we even bother to see their faces,notice their smiles,or that glint of sadness in their eyes! Then how different are we from ghosts! Ever present..but never seen.

1 comment:

Vicky Dada (Vikas) said...

You never know. Maybe all the crowd that you see around you are actually ghosts. Maybe they are not people at all. Maybe thats why they are not noticing you..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...