"Go into yourself. Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its root into the very depths of your heart; confess to yourself whether you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." Rainier Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Despicable me


Absolutely dislike myself in this state,i had always hated being so edgy or needy but i guess some days are just not meant to be !!
t'was a boring sunday today right from the word 'go'. Got up and had two large cups of tea with 'the times' of past three days on terrace to keep me company. Noon came and i skipped lunch to concentrate hard on a long forgotten book of Nora Roberts that i had started but had never kept pace with....failed attempt,next i had a nasty nap,followed by cups of tea with texting,surfing,trying hard to read and realizing that i have no idea of the movie i am watching except that it starred Keira knightley !!
finally i gave in,switched off the tv,slammed the book shut,switched off my phone and sat down with my blog. (after losing my first post and rewriting it again) i have realized that one of these days we have to get up and start taking care of ourselves. The sooner the lesson is learnt...the bettr it's for us :)

2 comments:

Vicky Dada (Vikas) said...

'Despicable me' - I watched that movie on TV too. I just love that movie title for some reason and the movie itself is a one-time watch.

"One of these days we have to take care of ourselves" - thats the super realization. I am happy you cared to share it with your readers. Also, the caring is not just physical pampering or taking care of basic needs - I feel the caring is all about understanding one's self, being aware of our existence and trying to connect with our core reality which lies as an undercurrent to all life's activities. The activities of life are not real or defining as such, its what lies beneath them all - something that is not affected by time or tide.

Dr Mandeep Khanuja said...

thanks vikas !!
i think ur comments are better written than my blog :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...